Careers at Security Partners
Are you interested in a career that will challenge you on a daily basis, where you can make a true difference in the lives of others?
Security Partners is currently hiring for the following positions in our fast-paced, technologically driven environment:
Title: Central Station Dispatcher – Level I (Trainee)
Location: Lancaster – Central Station
Reports To: Shift Supervisor/Central Station Manager
Employment Status: Full-time or Part-time
Summary: To deliver superior monitoring and dispatch services for our dealers and their subscribers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to calls for emergency and non-emergency assistance.
- Provide managed access control and video monitoring services for alarm verification and dispatch.
- Provide Personal Emergency Response Systems’ monitoring, GPS tracking and dispatch services.
- Dispatch law enforcement, fire department or rescue units, when necessary.
- Provide phone support to dealers, technicians and clients, as needed.
- Transmit and receive coded and conventional messages.
- Differentiate between routine, priority and emergency messages and initiate or follow through on responses as required.
- Enter unit response and data into database.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work requires exceptional attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must possess a willingness to learn in an ever changing industry.
- Must utilize thorough knowledge of company and industry standards, policies and procedures.
- Must follow direction.
- Must be able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as outside customers.
- Must be able to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
- Must be able to work independently, with little or no supervision while still providing a team-oriented attitude.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions.
- Must speak clearly in positive or negative situations.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Full time dispatchers must be available to be on-call for one week on a rotating basis. Based on the number of employees, the on-call shift usually rotates to each full time dispatcher every 5-6 weeks. On-call shift begins on Monday at 0800 until the following Monday at 0759
- Must have working knowledge of computer software applications.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- One Year Business Experience in Customer Service Preferred
- EMT Certification is a Plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects (i.e. type, sort paperwork, open envelopes, etc.); reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
For more information on the physical demands of this job see Human Resources.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee performs work in a climate-controlled office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to these positions. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Position descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.